RECENT NATURAL DISASTERS IN JAPAN
After August’s record-breaking heat two major natural disasters battered Japan in early September. The strongest typhoon in 25 years made landfall in Western Japan, with its wind and floods wreaking havoc in the cities of Kobe and Osaka. Then a 6.7 magnitude earthquake struck near the city of Sapporo on the northern island of Hokkaido that rarely has earthquakes. This quake actually registered at the top of the Japanese earthquake scale.
* PRAY for protection for believers so that they can show the love of Christ in practical ways to neighbors and friends. Nobody wants to suffer through these kinds of disasters. But when they occur, all within God’s sovereignty even in natural disaster prone Japan, we want to remain faithful. We are thankful to have been able to use our Disaster Preparedness Expansion Fund to stock disaster supplies at two places including TMC.
* GIVE THANKS that we were able to participate in the once every other year EFC of Canada Conference in early August in Lethbridge Alberta. We re-connected with EFCC/M leaders as well as supporting church pastors and leaders. We then enjoyed over one week in Maine with Ann’s mother and several of our children.
TOKYO MULTICULTURAL CHURCH
* GIVE THANKS that several people in two of our supporting churches have expressed an interest in teaching in TMC’s outreach English program next July. Both children and adults attend the conversational English classes.
* PRAY that participants in TMC’s newly started four small groups that meet twice a month will grow deeper in their relationship with Christ and each other. Discussion questions are based on the most recent Sunday sermon.
* PRAY for future leaders who will continue to establish TMC and work toward launching TMC #2. Most of TMC’s current missionary staff will likely retire by 2022.
Thank you for Praying for The Littles! – PTL #136