TOKYO MULTICULTURAL CHURCH
* GIVE THANKS for TMC’s first ever retreat over a long weekend in Sep. Worship services on that Sunday were held both at TMC and at the retreat. Given that 18 adults and 2 children attended we are planning to do it again next year!
* PRAY for comfort and strength for O-san’s wife and two adult daughters, who are followers of Jesus. O-san passed away unexpectedly of a heart attack at the age of 59. He was probably the most central member of our Japanese Department. He has left a big hole not only in his family but also at TMC. We are thankful for the many happy memories of him at our retreat the week before he died (note his smile in the pic). We will hold a memorial fellowship with his wife and daughters at TMC on Oct 21.
* PRAY for wisdom as we develop an organizational foundation for TMC in the next few months: write up TMC documents, define leadership roles, etc. TMC is high on relationship but has been low on organization. We want to continue the relational emphasis while at the same time providing a church structure that will position TMC for its future enlargement phase.
* PRAY that participants in TMC’s four small groups that meet twice a month will grow deeper in their relationship with Christ and each other. Discussion questions are based on the most recent Sunday sermon.
* PRAY for future leaders who will continue to establish TMC and work toward launching TMC #2. We look forward to working with these future leaders.
Thank you for Praying for The Littles! – PTL #137